EARLY CARE AND EDUCATION
One of the main focuses of the Alleghany County Partnership for Children is early care and education for children and for those who provide care for children. The following are services provided to child care facilities (child care centers, family child care homes, public pre-k and Head Start classrooms), young children and families throughout the county.
- The Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) provides support throughout the county to achieve early care and education goals.
- The CCR&R also administers the Early Childhood Education Incentives Program. Education Incentives offers a financial incentive to early childhood educators working in a regulated child care facility who are working on a degree in early childhood education or child development. Early childhood educators who have completed their degree may also qualify for a retention bonus. For more please contact our office.
- The North Carolina Pre-kindergarten program (NC Pre-k) focuses on providing eligible, at-risk 4-year-old children valuable pre-kindergarten educational experiences.
- The Child Care WAGE$ Project provides salary supplements to early childhood educators who are working toward or have achieved higher levels of education in the early childhood field. For more information about how to apply for WAGE$ please click here.
- Through a partnership with the Department of Social Services the Partnership for Children allocates funding to help subsidize the cost of child care for eligible families. Additional information about child care subsidy can be obtained by calling (336) 372-1445 or (336) 372-2411.
Did you know that Alleghany County Partnership for Children loves to offer support to teachers and administrators in a variety of content areas?
We assist classrooms and teachers in:
- Environment Rating Scales (ITERS-R, ECERS-R, and FCCRS)
- Infant, Toddler, and Pre-K CLASS
- NC Foundations for Early Learning
- Conscious Discipline© Implementation
- Raising a Reader
- Be Active Implementation
What else can we do? We can help teachers and administrators with:
- Curriculum Implementation Support
- Conscious Discipline©
- Group time, transitions, and other challenging times of the day
- Challenging behavior
- Communication with families
- Outdoor classrooms and physical activity
- Teaching team communication
- Classroom schedules and routines
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training follow-up
- Professional Goals Planning
The Alleghany County Partnership for Children funds a variety of programs and services to help ensure all young children are healthy and ready to succeed when they enter kindergarten. Additional information about our programs and services is available by contacting our office at (336) 372-2846.